Ira Toyota - Toyota Tacoma: The Little Engine That Can’t!
In March of this year, I purchased a 2014 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, which is advertised to tow up to 3500 lbs.Shortly thereafter, I discovered that the truck struggles to tow my 2400 lb R-Pod camper trailer, particularly in roads with any incline.
It also fails to maintain safe highway speeds with the camper in tow. I had brought the brochure for the camper to the dealership prior to purchase, and the sales person I worked with told me that the truck was suitable enough to pull the weight. Both the dealership and Toyota’s Customer Experience Center still insist that the vehicle is operating as designed, even though it cannot pull the weight as promised. When the dealership’s mechanic drove the vehicle, he condemned it, confirming that it was underpowered.
I have made the attorney general aware, but I still have not reached a resolution. As a 73 year old retiree working as a part time crossing guard, I cannot afford to put much more of my savings into this situation. I have given three acceptable options for the dealership to correct the situation: fix the truck I have so that it can pull the advertised weight, provide me with another truck that can pull the advertised weight, or give me my money back.
Months later, I am still waiting.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Toyota Tacoma
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "I "have" a brand new Spirit Silver 27qp, but I can't use it. The generator hasn't worked correctly since I bought it 7 weeks ago; it's nearly impossible to start..."
- "Fiterman sports sent me back a helmet that I had signed at an autograph signing through their company with smudge and smear marks all over the helmet. This helmet..."
- "We went into Bob's, Bellingham, complaining that the last living room set we had bought from then fell apart in a year or so while a similar leather set from..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."