Ira Toyota - Toyota Tacoma: The Little Engine That Can’t!

4 of 12 Ira Toyota reviews

In March of this year, I purchased a 2014 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, which is advertised to tow up to 3500 lbs.Shortly thereafter, I discovered that the truck struggles to tow my 2400 lb R-Pod camper trailer, particularly in roads with any incline.

It also fails to maintain safe highway speeds with the camper in tow. I had brought the brochure for the camper to the dealership prior to purchase, and the sales person I worked with told me that the truck was suitable enough to pull the weight. Both the dealership and Toyota’s Customer Experience Center still insist that the vehicle is operating as designed, even though it cannot pull the weight as promised. When the dealership’s mechanic drove the vehicle, he condemned it, confirming that it was underpowered.

I have made the attorney general aware, but I still have not reached a resolution. As a 73 year old retiree working as a part time crossing guard, I cannot afford to put much more of my savings into this situation. I have given three acceptable options for the dealership to correct the situation: fix the truck I have so that it can pull the advertised weight, provide me with another truck that can pull the advertised weight, or give me my money back.

Months later, I am still waiting.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

2014 Toyota Tacoma
Review category
Dealers
review #523206 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ira Toyota? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 3 No 3
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
4 of 12 Ira Toyota reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.